Happy New Year Everyone!
Let us all rejoice that 2016 has ended and have our fingers crossed tightly that 2017 sees a big improvement from last year. So I decided to celebrate by doing this tag!
I wasn’t tagged personally, but when Rae posted it she did say “if anyone sees this and wants to I tag you.” So I’m doing it.
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Link to the creator of the tag – Rae @ Bookmark Chronicles
- Share the tag image
- Answer the questions below
- Tag friends (or not if you don’t feel like it)
Best book and/or series that you’ve read in 2016
~ Best Standalones~
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley
- Binge by Tyler Oakley
- Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter
- The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare
- Heist Society series by Ally Carter
- The Wicked and the Divine comic series by Kieron Gillen
Authors that you’ve recently found and would like to read more of in the New Year
- Cath Crowley. I received her book Words in Deep Blue in the August YA Chronicles box, and I absolutely adored it! It was definitely my top read of the year, I would love to read more of her work.
- Kendare Blake. Whose book Three Dark Crowns I received both of my October book boxes (Owlcrate and The YA Chronicles), and I really quite enjoyed it. I hear her book Anna Dressed in Blood is very popular also so I want to get my hands on it.
Most anticipated book turned movie/TV show?
- A Series of Unfortunate Events TV show on Netflix, I am beyond excited to see how they have done at recreating this world.
- Before I Fall, I haven’t actually read the book but I maybe I’ll have a chance to read the book before seeing the film.
- American Gods TV show, this is another book that I haven’t read but it is on my shelf so I must endeavour to read it! But the show sounds like its going to be amazing.
Name a character that you wouldn’t mind sharing a kiss with at midnight (if there is one)
Hmm only naming one is difficult … but I would have to say Levi from Fangirl.
What’s on your TBR for 2017? (Top 5 will suffice if it’s an extremely long list!)
- Finishing the Miss Peregrine series by Ransom Riggs
- Am I Normal Yet? By Holly Bourne
- Finish the Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, its time to find the time to read this.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer, same as the above book, I have been meaning to read this for ages and it is time!
How many books do you hope to read in 2016?
I’m hoping for 50…. But am really aiming to get at least 40!
But we shall see, I don’t always have the best track record with challenges.
Will you participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge or any others (Pop Sugar, Read the Books You Buy, etc.)?
I will definitely be participating in the Goodreads challenge, and I haven’t actually heard of the others…
Any New Years Resolutions? (Bookish, blogging, and otherwise)
Bookstagram – I want to post regularly a minimum of four times a week, but daily would be preferable. I also want to work on making my photos better.
Blogging – I want to post weekly, but if things are hectic maybe fortnightly, I need to set some time aside to write up the backlog of book reviews that I have to do.
Other – I want to exercise more, and take Jazz dancing back up. I want to get full time work as a writer/editor.
Tag you’re it:
- Emily @ A Bookish Adventurer
- Taneika @ Flipping Through Pages
- Gabby @ Always & Forever Reading
- Melisa @ World of Books
- Kirstie @ OZ Book Snail
Also anyone who looks at this and wants to participate, you’re tagged too!
Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a fantastic new year!