So because I don’t normally get books everything month I decided it would be best to just do a big book haul post, in the middle of the year (Read Mid Year Haul 2017 here) and the end of the year. But I had like no self control at all this time round, I acquired new books every month, I got 49 new books in the space of 6 months…! I think that might be a new record for me. I have joined some book groups on Facebook where people are always selling old books, and they’re so cheap and often ones that have been on one of my wishlists for years, so I keep falling into the trap of I’ll buy that!
So in the new year I definitely think I need to try and read more and buy less. Fingers crossed I keep to this.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison
- The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle #1) by Patrick Rothfuss
- The Wise Man’s Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle #2) by Patrick Rothfuss
- Take Three Girls by Cath Crowley, Simone Howell, and Fiona Wood
I received this book in the YA Chronicles September ‘Squad Goals’ box read my unboxing here.
I attended my first Save the Children’s book sale on the day where whatever you put in a box you got for $10, so I had quite a bit of fun letting lose there.
- PS I Love You by Cecila Ahern
- The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
- Sleeping Murder: Miss Marple’s Last Case by Agatha Christie
- Curtain: Poirot’s Last Case by Agatha Christie
- Veronica Mars: The Thousand Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas
- Veronica Mars: Mr. Kiss and Tell by Rob Thomas
- Boy Meet Boy by David Levithan
- Grimm’s Complete Fairy Tales by The Brothers Grimm
- Big Mushy Happy Lump by Sarah Anderson
- Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
- Across The Universe by Beth Revis
- A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- A Court Of Wings And Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
- Our Dark Duet by V.E. Schwab
- Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman
- Smoke And Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
- Alice In Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Shoalwater
- Inkheart (Inkworld #1) by Cornelia Funke
- Inkspell (Inkworld #2) by Cornelia Funke
- Inkdeath (Inkworld #3) by Cornelia Funke
Also November is my birthday month so the below books are ones I received for my birthday.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Harry Potter: A History Of Magic by J.K. Rowling
- If There’s No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills (which I received in the December Owlcrate Box, but I never quite made an unboxing post about it, but as always Owlcrate hit it out of the park with their box))
And below are the many books I received for Christmas, my family knows the way to my heart!
- How Women Decide: What’s True, What’s Not, And Why It Matters by Therese Huston
- The Magic Misfits by Neil Patrick Harris
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- Almost Midnight by Rainbow Rowell
- Lady Midnight (Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare
- Cruelty by Roald Dahl
- Deception by Roald Dahl
- Lust by Roald Dahl
- Madness by Roald Dahl
So from January – December 2017 I acquired 66 books!! No wonder I had to upgrade my bookcase. I definitely think I need to try and be mildly less frugal when it comes to buying books considering that the unread far outway the read in my bookcase.
Let me know how many books you acquired last year, do you ban yourself from buying books?