Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s theme is books that take place in another country. Since I live in Australia, I come across plenty of books set outside of my country, especially in the YA genre.
So without further ado, here are ten books that are set outside Australia and make me want to visit the location.
1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
2. The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare
3. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs
4. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
5. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
7. Paper Towns by John Green
8. Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery
Around the World
9. Heist Society series by Ally Carter
10. Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series by Ann Brashares
What are your favourite books set somewhere else in the world?