A big thanks to the wonderful blogger 4thhouseontheleft who ‘nominated’ me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
I love the book blogger community and want to get to know all of you.
- Thank the person, who nominated you, and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and then write 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo in a post/ on your site.
- What book brings you joy?
Harry Potter, everything about it just fills my heart with joy and never fails to bring a smile to my face.
- If you have a book that you re-read often, what is it?
Probably The Wall and the Wing its one of my go-to rereads whenever I’m in a bit of a reading slump, its just such a fun and easy read.
- What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten? Where were you when you ate it?
In the past, I have dipped French fries in Vanilla milkshake, which my friend introduced me to, and OMG it’s actually really good. But it freaks my mum out. I was in McDonalds.
- Where are you from, and what is a common stereotype about your hometown/state/country?
I’m from Australia (specifically Western Australia), and unfortunately, the most common stereotype for my area (which I don’t identify with at all) is being a ‘bogan’.
- What is you favourite childhood book?
Literally anything by Roald Dahl!
I read The BFG, Matilda, and George’s Marvellous Medicine multiple times when I was growing up, loved them all so much.
- Who is your favourite author, and why?
100% Neil Gaiman, he is also my insta-buy author. I own so many of his books and I love them all. Also just, listened to my first full audiobook and it was his narration of Coraline and it was absolutely fantastic! Still can’t believe he responded to one of my tweets… I almost died!
- If a movie comes out that is based on a book, do you have to read the book before going to see the movie?
I will try, but sometimes if I don’t get the chance to read it, I don’t mind because sometimes it almost ruins the film because all I see are the problems and changes. So sometimes delaying reading the book until after seeing the film lets me enjoy the film as an unbiased spectator before reading what it should have been.
- What is your favourite quote?
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore
- What are you most grateful for in your life right now?
That’s a tough question… I’m not sure… I suppose the generic, my family and friends because they have helped me through some hard times. Also our puppy Archie.
- Do you write or underline in your books? Take notes?
I could never bring myself to write or mark a book in any way! Even in Words in Deep Blue where the author encourages highlighting and writing notes in the margins. However, if something jumps out and I definitely want to mention it in a book blog, then I add it to the books notes in its Workflowy (link) tab.
- If you could meet three fictional characters, who would they be?
Ohhh that is a tough one, but in this moment I would have to say.
Rhysand, Magnus Bane, and Hermione Granger.
Oh wow, what a dinner party that would be.
- Emily @abookishadventurer
- Brylie @skepticalcoffee
- Amber @ambereality
- Bunny @theshybooks
- Laura @highfaewarrior
- Abbie @abbiereadsbooksblog
- Sarah @commasandampersandsblog
- Karina @thebookdiviner
- Danielle @yaallegiance
- Kirstie @ozbooksnail
- Rheya @rheyareads
My questions are:
- What is your favourite season?
- What is your go-to drink/snack whilst reading?
- Favourite book series?
- Favourite author, and why?
- Book you just finished?
- How do you feel about film adaptations of book?
- Physical or eBook?
- How do you organize your bookcase?
- Fictional world you want to live in?
- Most anticipated read of 2019?
- What book broke your heart?